The BCTLC Constitution and Bylaws were created from July to October 2014 by a committee which included the following individuals:
Constitution Committee Chair: Heather Smith (Director for the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology, University of Northern British Columbia)
- Peter Arthur (Director, Centre for Teaching and Learning, University of British Columbia Okanagan)
- Stephanie Chu (Director, Teaching and Learning Centre, Simon Fraser University)
- Teresa Dawson (Director, Learning and Teaching Centre, University of Victoria)
- Grant Gregson (Coordinator, Teaching and Learning Centre, Emily Carr University of Art and Design)
- Liesel Knaack (Director, Centre for Innovation and Excellence in Learning, Vancouver Island University)
- Theresa Southam (Coordinator, Teaching and Learning Institute and Aboriginal Services, Selkirk College)
- Maureen Wideman (Director of Teaching and Learning, University of the Fraser Valley)
- Mary Burgess (Executive Director (Acting), BCcampus, ex-officio)
Heather Smith chaired the ad-hoc committee from July 2014 through to January 2015 and was the key driver in helping bring the constitution to life. The constitution was circulated in Fall 2014 to all leaders in teaching and learning across the province for review and feedback. Updates and changes were applied in early January 2015 to reflect feedback. Small typographical changes and wording edits were applied again in May 2015 (e.g., inclusion of the terminology of Co-Chairs, more generic “Spring and Fall” meeting descriptions than specific months, explanation of ex-officio in footnote, and update to the new title of BC Teaching and Learning Network – formally UCIPD).
In early 2018, under the leadership of Chairs Maureen Wideman and Theresa Southam, changes were made to enable past Chairs to serve even if their institutional role may had changed (e.g., due to retirement or a return to teaching). The BCTLC also formalized its inclusion of the Yukon University among is ex-officio members.
Current Version: BCTLC Constitution-revised-Jan2018