The British Columbia Teaching & Learning Council (BCTLC) is a community of leaders from British Columbia’s public post-secondary education system with a mission to provide local, provincial and national leadership on issues, challenges and directions around teaching, learning technologies, scholarly practice, student learning, and related topics to facilitate the enhancement of a high-quality teaching and learning cultures across the BC system.
Here is an overview of our activity to date. Feel free to browse the site for more details as the Council evolves.
- June 2017 – Spring General Meeting, welcoming co-Chairs Theresa Southam & Maureen Wideman.
- June 9, 2016 – Spring General Meeting (last day of Festival of Learning), welcoming Chair Vivian Forssman
- February 2015 – nominations for BCTLC executive officers (Chair(s) and Chair-Elect(s))
- November 12, 2015 – Fall General Meeting of the BCTLC in Vancouver
- June 9 2015 – Spring General Meeting of BCTLC in Vancouver
- March 2015 – BCTLC Executive Announced
- March 2015 – nominations for BCTLC executive officers (Chair, Chair-Elect, Past Chair)
- February 2015 – Membership confirmed
- Fall 2014 – consultation with VPAs to appoint institutional representatives
- Summer/Fall 2014 – Ad Hoc Governance Committee drafts BCTLC Constitution
- June 2014 – Leadership Summit held at SFU Harbour Centre (Leadership Summit June 2014 – Photos (Flickr)
Questions about BCTLC? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Tracy Roberts, BCTLC Community Liaison)